Oddly enough, this was taught to me for the most part by Bonita, but it is by far the best recipe I’ve ever had as far as quick food goes.
Here is what you will need:
- 1x tin of vegetable curry
- 1x 500g pack of mince
- 1x pack 2-minute noodles (any flavour)
- Whatever spices are in your cupboard
In a medium sized pot, brown the mince and add some spices (I leave this up to you) as you go. Once the mince is browned, throw in the tin of vegetable curry (the contents, not the actual tin) and drop the heat down a couple of notches. Add more spices as you see fit. Coriander seeds go very well with this.
Open the packet of 2-minute noodles and throw away the flavouring sachet, its bad for you and you’re already making a much tastier accompaniment. In a small pot (or microwave) make the 2-minute noodles (sans flavouring sachet). If you don’t know how to do this, I suggest you move back in with the folks.
Once your noodles are done, drain them and dish them up. Your curry should be nice and warm by this point, dish it up on top of the noodles. You now have a hearty, well rounded, MSG free meal to enjoy!
- Bonus #1: 500g of mince and a tin of curried veggies is quite a portion of food for one, so why not dish it into a few containers and take it to work with you, along with some more packets of 2-minute noodles.
- Bonus #2: If you shop around, you can prepare this meal for under R30.